artwork by Carol Seeley

MASTER OF THE SKIES by Carol Seeley

Friday, October 11, 2013

Portal: Lilly Thorne, Patt Wilson





....................................................................................................
detail
Statement
Portal
Representational
Lilly Thorne

I have been taking pictures of doors for years, in every country I have visited. Doors intrigue me.....what stories could they tell.....what is behind each door....who has walked through this entrance?   This door was particularly interesting to me because of the wonderful colors.....red and turquoise......what a striking combination.

Techniques: Hand dyed fabrics with mixed media techniques

.................................................................................................................


detail

Portal
Abstract
Patt Wilson

PORTAL is based on ideas that reflect layers of relationships bound with hints of the past.  Doors appear as signs, suggestions and ruins of the past.  As time passes, we develop and undergo an endless and continuous evolution. The exploration that appears in my works also determines my working process: on the one hand, rich history and on the other hand, experiments to find the right techniques for my expressions.

Techniques: Dyed, layered, and stitched.



No comments:

Post a Comment