artwork by Carol Seeley

MASTER OF THE SKIES by Carol Seeley

Monday, October 14, 2013

Barcelona Fruit Stand: Judy Leslie, Robin Fischer


.......................................................................................................




Barcelona Fruit Stand
Representative
Judy Leslie


Process
Judy's photo that started it all!
Along La Rambla, the tree-lined pedestrian mall in central Barcelona, is a fabulous fresh food market.  Produce is displayed to best advantage in slanted bins which abound with a bountiful assortment of luscious fruits and vegetables. Please savor this presentation of a partial view of one of these bins!
Techniques: Machine appliqué of hand-dyed cotton, silk and wool roving.
Building the design







Individual felted Fruit


















Barcelona Fruit Stand
Abstract
Robin Fischer

Textiles nourish my soul & keep me wondering what I can do next to make it interesting. I enjoy making original art pieces & love using fabric that is unusual. My inspiration comes from my surroundings, especially our garden. 
The community of quilters is sharing & generous which also inspires me.
I enjoy the collaborative process 
as I think it stretches you as an artist. 


My piece is based on a photo by Judy Leslie.

Techniques: Hand dyed fabric, machine appliquéd and machine quilted. It is hand beaded with: Shiva Paintsticks,  thread embellished and foiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment